AnsweredAssumed Answered

Failure Upgrading to PI Web API 2016

Question asked by James Devine on May 12, 2016
Latest reply on May 26, 2017 by GBellido_KBC

Hello:

I would like to upgrade to PI Web API 2016 on my development device. Currently I have PI Web API 2015 R3 installed. According to the instructions the new installer should remove the older version, but it goes part way through the install process and then rolls back without installing. This drove me to attempt uninstalling or removing PI Web API 2015 R3 separately using various methods. All of them have failed.

After running the PI Web API 2016 setup, and it fails, in the 'SetupPIWebAPIMaster.log' file I have the following entry:

"Installation of PI Web API 2016 has failed. Setup return code 1603. InstallThread Error 1603."

The support blogs seems to indicate the 'Install Thread Error 1603' is due to insufficient authority over the directory hosting the files. So I suppose my first question is where are the installed files typically located? My numerous searches using file explorer have yielded no results. Ugh!

My follow up question is what other things can I try to successfully upgrade? (BTW I am running Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7, 64 bit OS)

Outcomes