1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 20, 2009 3:31 PM by pkaiser

RtTreeView Connection

kkumar100

I am trying to get the properties for the module on the RtTreeView web part when it is clicked and show them in a custom web part. I implemented the IParametersOutConsumerInterface and I was able to get the properties when the module is clicked. But this is happening at the server side (ConnectionRunAt.Server). I want this to be done from the client side itself. so I set the ConnectionRunAt to client and implemented every other method required for the client side connection. But when I try to connect the webpart my connection is greyed out and I get a message saying there is no webpart that can connect to this.

My question is, has anybody integrated with the RtTreeView from the client side with a custom web part? If so, how did you do it? I know RtTreeView supports client side connection because I am able to connect this to trend without having to do a server side round trip.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

K

• Re: RtTreeView Connection
          pkaiser

Writing a SharePoint web part that supports client-side connections can be challenging, and unfortunately there aren’t a lot of good examples available from Microsoft. Here are a couple of links that might help:

msdn.microsoft.com/.../ms469765.aspx

msdn.microsoft.com/.../ms948913.aspx

It’s important to note that there’s nothing proprietary about our implementation. The fact that you are trying to consume a client-side connection from our RtTreeView web part is a coincidence – this is strictly an implementation of SharePoint client-side connections, and not specific to OSIsoft.