AnsweredAssumed Answered

Coresight 2014 Service is Not Available - System.ServiceModel.ServiceActivationExceptions

Question asked by MAMEDINA on May 18, 2016
Latest reply on May 26, 2016 by pthivierge

We are running Coresight 2014 (v 2.0.0.8)  we area able to login to the application via IE and view small previews of our displays.  However, anything requiring the display editor(opening a display or clicking New Display) results in the page returning and error: PI Coresight is unavailable.  In looking at the Application Event logs I see that some of the related Coresight services were not registered during startup - I am seeing messages like this:

"System.ServiceModel.ServiceActivationException: The service '/Coresight/Services/PISymbols.svc' cannot be activated due to an exception during compilation. The exception message is: Service 'OSIsoft.PISymbols.PISymbolsDataService.PISymbolsDataService' has zero application (non-infrastructure) endpoints. This might be because no configuration file was found for your application, or because no service element matching the service name could be found in the configuration file, or because no endpoints were defined in the service element.."

I see these errors in the Windows Application Log for all 3 services: Provider Name="System.ServiceModel 4.0.0.0"...   PISymbols.svc, CoresightStorage.svc, CoresightSearch.svc.

I am seeing all 3 services registered/recorded in Coresight Services Web.config and all have endpoint values defined:

<services>
      <service name="OSIsoft.PISymbols.PISymbolsDataService.PISymbolsDataService" behaviorConfiguration="SymbolsServiceBehavior">
        <endpoint behaviorConfiguration="SilverlightFaultBehavior" binding="customBinding" bindingConfiguration="BinaryBinding" contract="OSIsoft.PISymbols.PISymbolsDataService.IPISymbolsDataService" listenUriMode="Explicit">
          <identity>
            <dns value="localhost" />
          </identity>
        </endpoint>
      </service>
      <service name="OSIsoft.Coresight.Services.Search.CoresightSearch" behaviorConfiguration="CoresightBehavior">
        <endpoint address="" behaviorConfiguration="SilverlightFaultBehavior" binding="customBinding" bindingConfiguration="BinaryBinding" contract="OSIsoft.Coresight.Services.Search.ICoresightSearch">
          <identity>
          </identity>
        </endpoint>
      </service>
      <service name="OSIsoft.Coresight.Services.Storage.CoresightStorage" behaviorConfiguration="CoresightBehavior">
        <endpoint address="" behaviorConfiguration="SilverlightFaultBehavior" binding="customBinding" bindingConfiguration="BinaryBinding" contract="OSIsoft.Coresight.Services.Storage.ICoresightStorage">
          <identity>
          </identity>
        </endpoint>
      </service>
    </services>

Is there anywhere else this information should be registered?  I found a KB Article that I thought would help(https://techsupport.osisoft.com/Troubleshooting/KB/KB00781), however, I have already confirmed that our Services application is showing up as a virtual directory under the PI Coresight IIS Section - the article says do not proceed, this is not the issue you are experiencing...Any help would be appreciated.

Outcomes