3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2009 2:08 PM by formerpigeek

Putting AF elements on Processbook

AlistairFrith

I am unable to place AF elements onto Processbook. Looking at the Webinar Analysis Framework Element Templates and the AF-Plugin to Processbook (from Nov 1006!), they created a few elements and templates in AF Explorer and then opened ProcessBook and dragged them from the AF Browser onto the PB display. When I try to drag my elements or templates I get the 'No Entry' curser. Anyone know why?

I am using the following versions of things:

• Processbook 3.0.15.7
      • AF Client 1.3.3.1474
      • AF Modeler 1.1.1.1323a

--- Alistair.

• Re: Putting AF elements on Processbook

Hi Alistar, Have you assigned a symbol to the element / element template?  Need to do that first then when you drag an element from the browser onto the display it will show the symbol.  Not seen 'No Entry' message before.

Rhys.

• Re: Putting AF elements on Processbook

As per Rhys' suggestion, this is probably just a matter of "assigning" a element to the template.

As a side (and friendly!) note, please keep in mind that regular technical support (techsupport@osisoft.com - +1-510-297-5828) is still available and should be the preferred channel for "PI Admin" and "End Users" type questions. People in the regular technical support team will most likely be able to provide more timely answers on questions pertaining to pure PI management and "out-of-the-box" usage of our software (like this question).

The spirit of vCampus is to really focus on "for developers, by developers" and provide a great portal for "PI Programming & Integration" related questions and resources. We understand there sometimes is a fine line between the 2 categories of question and it is normal that we see some overlaps... but over time, the goal is to achieve this "level of segregation" and direct our customer and partner base to the best-suited resources we have to offer. Hope this helps!