2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2009 12:08 PM by RJKSolutions

Processbook Scroll Time vs Time Periods

Before I convince myself this is a TechSupport issue I want to understand the difference between the Scroll Time control and the Time Period Back control - because there is a difference.  The help file for Processbook states the opposite from when comparing functions of Time Period & Scroll Time bar controls:

This operation is the same as would happen if the "forward/backward one period toolbar buttons" were clicked.

This seems to have crept in since Processbook became SDK based and not API.

Let me give a quick example, create a blank display add a trend showing SINSUOID with an 8h time span (*, *-8h).
      Add a "Value" object to the display pointing to a tag with attribute STEP = 1, which contains data like:

09-Feb-09 05:00:00 1
      08-Feb-09   21:00:00 2
      07-Feb-09   09:00:00 3
      07-Feb-09   03:00:00 4
      06-Feb-09   03:00:00 5

-So go to the scroll time bar and click in the empty space of the bar to go back in time (same as One Time Period Back) and you will notice the Value updates as expected (as if ValueAtOrBefore is being used for an Archive value).
      -Revert the time back to current time.
      -Now use "One Time Period Back" button and the value doesn't update the same..!  It takes lots more clicks to get to the same data that a couple of clicks on the scroll time control.

• Re: Processbook Scroll Time vs Time Periods
          cescamilla

Edit: you are right, this is a techsupport related question and should be asked to them, but I'll answer it this one time.

Would you be so kind and try that while the trend is selected?

I remember that "one period" needs a value to be pick from an element, if it has no elements it defaults, so does the scroll bar, perhaps the scroll bar default is wath you expect but the default for the one period back is not!

However, one period back does create a period based on the selected element, if you try that with the trend being selected you should observe the expected behaviour.

Please try this out and post your results back, so we can get a general idea as what's going on.

And do send this to techsupport.

Thanks!