12 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2018 6:04 AM by Paurav Joshi

PI WebAPI search query unable to find PI Point

Paurav Joshi

Our PI Data Archive is successfully added and crawled in PI Web API. When we are trying to fetch data from one data archive, say A, it is showing the current value of PI tag, but another data archive,say B, is not showing the data of PI tag. While searching manually from data server, B, it is giving value.

Please find screenshot as follows:

Both data archives are added successfully:

B is getting data via manual search:

But not via search query:

Regards,

Paurav Joshi

• Re: PI WebAPI search query unable to find PI Point
          Marcos Vainer Loeff

Hi Paurav,

Here are the things I would do/check:

1. Try to rebuild the database
          2. If it doesn’t work, delete the database and add it again on the Search Administration Service. Using the same domain account of the previous operation, try to query again.
          3. Could you try the query: …/search/query?q=sinusoid and make sure you can find it on both PI Data Archives.
          4. Are you using the same domain account for the PI Web API and PI Web API Crawler services?

Please let me know the results and answers!

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              Paurav Joshi

Hi Marcos,

The results are as follows:

1. Try to rebuild the database

When I changed authentication method in Database to "Kerberos", crawler service tried to start crawling through data server, but gives error on one PI data archive and ran fine on another one.

1. If it doesn’t work, delete the database and add it again on the Search Administration Service. Using the same domain account of the previous operation, try to query again.
              2. Could you try the query: …/search/query?q=sinusoid and make sure you can find it on both PI Data Archives.

When I tried 2nd point as above, output is giving only one point for sinusoid.

1. Are you using the same domain account for the PI Web API and PI Web API Crawler services?

Yes.

How can we resolve this error?

Paurav Joshi

We have edited trust setting and crawling is happening now. But issue still remains.

When searching for sinusoid, we are getting one hit only.

Marcos Vainer Loeff

Hi Paurav,

Can you go to the PI Data Archive and check if there is any relevant message on the PI Message Log. Please do the same with the Windows Event Viewer Logs from the PI Web API web server. Could you check if it works with another user?

Finally, did you try to delete the database and recreate it?

Paurav Joshi

Hi Marcos,

Apologies for late update.

Can you go to the PI Data Archive and check if there is any relevant message on the PI Message Log. Please do the same with the Windows Event Viewer Logs from the PI Web API web server.

In PI Data Archive, the logs are just showing like Connected, Disconnected and Granted via PI trusts logs, and on PI Web API web server only admin logs updated and showing server configuration has been updated.

Could you check if it works with another user?

We tried on three different machines with three different user log-ons but same PI Web API log-on, because we have only one login for PI Web API.

Finally, did you try to delete the database and recreate it?

I tried and index has been successfully rebuild, and after every 3 minutes it also successfully crawls.

Marcos Vainer Loeff

Hello Paurav,

Could you solve this issue?  Make sure the end user has a mapping on the PI Data Archive, and the identity mapped has access to both the PIPoint table and the specific tag you are looking for. Having a trust is not sufficient in this case.

If that does not work, I would contact OSIsoft TechSupport.

Make sure the end user has a mapping on the PI server, and the identity mapped has access to both the PIPoint table and the specific tag he’s looking for. Having a trust is not sufficient in this case.

Paurav Joshi

Hey Marcos,

Apologies for late update.

I was indeed in touch with tech support from last 3 days.

Issue has been resolved now thanks to Marc and Chris . Here are the observations:

• PI Data Archive deleted and added in the PI Web API. Crawler has crawled to all points, and we can see PI tag value when going via hierarchy : data servers -> Points
                                • I deleted crawlers file of PI Data Archive which is not giving data via query before deleting PI Data Archive from PI Web API. As expected, it has created its own when PI Data Archive was re-added.
                                • The trust we have created included .\Everyone and its mapped to PI Identity of piadmin, so it should have access to all PI tag data that is my understanding. Please correct me here if needed.

• We changed then PI Identity to piadmin in Trust setting, and after than the PI tag has started to get seen via search query.

If index file is being created and tags bring crawled, then why we are unable to see tags only via search query is the point currently techsupport looking into.

Cheers,

Paurav Joshi