3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2016 5:21 PM by JanvanderVen

Drop an array attribute in a Coresight 2016 page

JanvanderVen

Hi all,

I am using the CTP of the Coresight 2016 Extensibility and I would like to create a custom symbol for an array type attribute (e.g. an array of string, double or PI Points). Unfortunately I am unable to drag the attribute on the page.

I did some research and found out that the isPlottable boolean of array attributes is set to false. And that this disallows the drag and drop.

Is there a setting to change this behaviour?

Kind regards,

Jan

• Re: Drop an array attribute in a Coresight 2016 page
          pthivierge

Hello Jan,

Let bring this to the attention of Jason Golla.  I am sure he can help us

jgolla

Hey Jan,

I just looked into this briefly. There is no way to change the isPlottable flag on those. They are hard code on the server, basically because we don't know how to plot an array. I was wondering if there was a way you could use PI Web API to get this info, but it would really be a round about way to do it.

I will share this idea with some of the other devs here to see if we have any other ways to get around it.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                JanvanderVen

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the response.

There is one generic way to plot an array. As a table: index, value;next index, next value; etc.. This was in fact what I was going for, as a simple use case.

I have always wondered about use cases for the array value types. But we have come up with one finally, in cooperation with one of our French customers: A top X list of children based on some condition. To answer questions such as: What are my top 3 performing assets. These would look good in a table.

My gut feeling is that OSIsoft should remove this limitation, either altogether (then your users (and I) can do whatever they want) or by providing the necessary property to tweak.

For instance, over here:

AddPropertyForCoresight.PNG

Kind regards,

Jan

1 of 1 people found this helpful