6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2016 6:41 PM by tramachandran

PI Process Book trend

avin

Hello, Is there a way in PI ProcessBook to add a trend on an existing trend i.e. adding tags/points to display(plot) on an existing trend

• Re: PI Process Book trend
          tramachandran

In your process book display, be in build mode(Tools->Build) and then double click on the trend .You can then perform a tag search and add those to the existing trend.

You may follow to this video for reference. OSIsoft: Build a Trend v3.2 - YouTube

avin

Thank You Ramachandran that works, but let me elaborate on what I am trying to do. I want to be able to

create a trend from points on a display and then drag an additional point from the original display onto the same trend.

Is that possible on Process book?

tramachandran

The operation described is not possible. You may programatically write a VB macro to help you accomplish this kind of behavior using Properties and Methods(such as CurrentTrace and AddTrace) in the Trend Class but this might be a little cumbersome.

Refer: "PI ProcessBook Programmer's Reference" from Processbook->Help

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                      avin

Thank you so much Ramachandran, I will try to program it on VBA. Also, is there any other resource you can recommend besides the Reference manual? I am fairly new to the PI system

tramachandran

Hi Avinash

What is the end goal that you are trying to accomplish? (screen grabs might be useful here)

Adding a point to an existing trend is straight forward as described in the first reply. Is this process going to be automated across many displays?

The reference manual is good resource if you are going the programming route but if you are new to the PI System i would not recommend that you start with this.

tramachandran

Identify the "red/blue" points - hover over them in in "Run" mode or double click in "Build" mode (Tools->Run/Build/Run)

Then as described earlier, be in build mode(Tools->Build) .You can then double click on the trend to perform a tag search for that corresponding point (here its "SINUSOIDU") and add it.

There is no direct drag and drop available.