AnsweredAssumed Answered

Developing symbols for PI Coresight 2016

Question asked by wpurrer on Jun 24, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 29, 2016 by jgolla

Hello everyone,

I am currently trying to integrate some custom symbols into PI Coresight 2016 from the libraries Highcharts and Google Charts.

My problem is, that the developing of these symbols is very long-winded. Every time i change something in the configuration file of my symbol, i have to do an IIS reset on the virtual machine. Then I have to reload Coresight and in most cases it is more secure to open a new display and insert the symbol entirely new. Otherwise I sometimes got some strange errors (when using a display on which the symbol is already inserted). It's important for me to work with the productive data from the AF databases when developing symbols (create connections to a certain type of data).

This process takes a considerably amount of time and I do it many times a day.

Is there a better possibility or way to develop custom symbols? For example some kind of "testroom" or "preview" so that I don't have to do these steps not everytime I change my symbol?

Thank you for your answers - i am very interested to hear how you are developing custom symbols in PI Coresight 2016.

Outcomes