5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2016 9:35 AM by gregor

Skelta - OSI PI integration

bala

Hi,

Does anyone integrated PI with Skelta?

Can we use Skelta's SOA with PI AFSDK  application dlls  to exchange data? Any other preferred way of integrations method?

Thanks,

Bala

• Re: Skelta - OSI PI integration
          gregor

Hello Balamurugan,

I've checked our internal databases and it looks like you are the first one asking this question.

Can you please describe what kind of integration you have in mind?

bala

Hi Gregor,

We want to use OSI PI data to trigger an automated workflow using Skelta or any other Business Process management tool to take condition based decisions. we are yet to finalize the BPM tool.

Can complex business conditions be defined in PI  so that we could have a chance to by pass BPM? or in other words, does any PI components have BPM tool capacity?

Thanks,

Bala

gregor

Hello Balamurugan,

Sorry for the late reply. I have been on vacation the past 2 weeks and just found your post.

I have a very rough idea only about the functionality that you are looking for which may already indicate that what you are looking for is not covered by PI. Is my understanding right that you like to use PI as a Control System? If so, please note that we recommend against this approach.

If the functionality you are looking for is more about having a relational / object centric view to time series data and about reporting, there's a lot of functionality already built in with PI for this purpose e.g. PI Asset Framework, Asset Analytics and Event Frames.

bala

Hi Gregor,

We are planning to integrate OSI PI with a BPM tool. My question is , Does PI has the capacity to perform few BPM tasks  so that we could get a chance to eliminate BPM tool.

Thanks,

Bala

gregor

Hello Balamurugan,

You say that you plan to integrate PI with a BPM tool but than you are asking if there might be a chance to eliminate the BMP tool. I assume you are asking if what the BPM tool does can be accomplished with the PI Infrastructure. Is my understanding correct?

Can you please specify the functionality you require?