AnsweredAssumed Answered

AF Client Installation

Question asked by XMPro_Gavin on Jul 20, 2016
Latest reply on Jul 21, 2016 by Charles Henze

Hi All ,

I am trying to access my PIServer from my client application .

I haven't installed any software on the client application . I am using my program and AFSDK dll . When I execute my program , I am getting the following error .

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'OSIsoft.PI.Configuration, Version=1.5.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c3309f0734ba2805' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I researched in OSISoft forums and came to know that I need to install AFClient on my Client application server. I am trying to install the AFClient but as part of the installation it installs PI Network Sub System .  PI Network Sub System installation is failing with the following error.

How ever I am installing the software using Admin user . I am not sure why I am getting this error .

Could you guide me

1) If there is any solution to connect to PIServer with out installing AF Client on client server.

2) If AFClient is required , then can you let me know if you know about Error 1920 as mentioned above and if there are any alternatives / options / troubleshooting .

Thanks for your positive support.

Outcomes