1 of 1 people found this helpful
That would be useful to know more about what you mean by "Change" and what this represent for you in your situation.
I believe there are several aspects to what you are trying to achieve:
- PI AF Configuration Changes
- PI Data Archive Configuration Changes
- Custom Application updates and configuration changes
- You can export your database as xml and import it in your new environment. You may need to replace the name of the Data Archive Server in the XML file by the name of the new server if it is different before importing it in the new environment. I would recommend to create a new AF Database each time you import, so you can keep the previous version accessible to compare.
- You can also backup your SQL server database (PIFD). but for this to work server names and environments must be identical. Because some configuration about servers is stored in the AF Configuration database.
If you are using OLED Enterprise there is a KB Article that explains how to export the configuration:
PI Data Archive
I think one approach here would be to restore a backup. However, depending what your needs are, there may be other things that are possible.
I believe in this area you are probably mastering the synchronisation with your environment.
Using the publish feature of Visual Studio can help deploying your application.
Hope this helps a little and let me know what you need to do there may be other solutions,
I would echo Patrice Thivierge in asking what "change" means to you. Are you talking about custom software development in your DEV/QA environment that you want to promote to production, PI AF database development, or entire servers?