2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2016 12:49 AM by Kenji Hashimoto

The method to transfer data to PI from Proficy(GE's histrian)?

ctcuser

I'm Satoshi Kodama of CTC. We are partner of OSI in Japan.

Does someone know the customer example that they transfer the data in Proficy(GE's hstrian) to PI in real time or

does someone know the method to transfer data to PI from Proficy?

(GE equipment -> Proficy -> PI )

I think that "PI GE FANUC CIMPLICITY HMI Interface" is useful for this problem.

Does someone have the experience to use "PI GE FANUC CIMPLICITY HMI Interface" ?

• Re: The method to transfer data to PI from Proficy(GE's histrian)?
          Kenji Hashimoto

Ernst Amort  wrote a good blog post.

PI and MES: Example GE Proficy Workflow

Also "PI Interface for GE FANUC Cimplicity HMI 4.3.1.0" user manual says following.

The PI GE FANUC CIMPLICITY HMI Interface (PI CIMPI) provides the transfer of data between the GE FANUC CIMPLICITY system, version 4.01 and higher, and the OSIsoft Plant Information (PI) System.

Three versions of interface executables are shipped with the interface distribution:

PICimpi_HMI50.exe for GE Cimplicity HMI version 4.01 to 5.0

PICimpi_HMI55.exe for GE Cimplicity HMI version 5.5 to 6.01

PICimpi_HMI75.exe for Proficy HMI/SCADA Cimplicity version 7.5, 8.0 and 8.1

So PICimpi_HMI75.exe can be used for Proficy.

Also OPC Interface can be used.

Can Proficy Historian Verison 3.5.0.259 data be collected with an OPC Interface?

• Re: The method to transfer data to PI from Proficy(GE's histrian)?
              Kenji Hashimoto

I introduced just an information and it is not an example.

Does someone have experience of Proficy?

From our case(566209) , I found following.

Options to send data from your GE Proficy Historian to PI.

1)          Use the PI OPC interface. To do this, you first must expose the GE Proficy Historian as an OPC server. Some products that do this are Matrikon’s GE FANUC Proficy OPC server and the TOP Server GE Fanuc Suite. I would confirm these with the GE Proficy vendor however.

2)          Use the PI RDBMS interface. The Proficy historian could also be exposed as a SQL server, and in this case, the PI RDBMS interface (which retrieves data from SQL databases) could be used. I would recommend the PI OPC interface however,