7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2016 2:04 PM by pmartin

Event frames are not removed by removing EF Analysis

Robatjazi

Hi All,

I defined some Event Frame Analysis. Based on EF Analysis some Event Frames are created and in progress.

In the next step all Event frame Analysis are removes but Event Frames still remain in progress.

It is on AF server 2016 Beta version. Is it a bug? Shouldn't Event Frames get removed after removing EF Analysis?

Why I am getting EF (in progress) while there is no EF Analysis?

Regards,

Majid

• Re: Event frames are not removed by removing EF Analysis
          pmartin

Hi Majid,

I just tested on my AF 2016 server.  If I delete the analysis generating the Event Frames, they close with the description of "Event frame was closed by the analysis service due to changes to the event frame template or the analysis."  I would try searching for those Event Frames again (just to make sure you are seeing the most recent status) to verify if they are still open. 

Do you want to remove all those Event Frames or just close them?

Robatjazi

Thanks Paul,

I get EFs via SDK. When I search for EFs by AFEventFrameSearch(AFDatabase, string.Empty, "InProgress:True"), I get EFs that their analysis have been removed.

My assumption is because EFS are child of EF Analysis. So by removing Analysis, EFs should be removed or at least be closed. But I get EFs which are in progress.

pmartin

I just wrote a very quick test method that deleted an Analysis and then measured how long the EventFrameSearch took to return that the associated Event Frame had been closed.  On my server, it looks like it took about 7 seconds.  It could be longer for yours (I'm not entirely sure what the cause of the latency is).  So if you delete an Analysis and then immediately check to see if the Event Frame is closed, it will not work.  You need to wait some amount of time.

Could you look in PSE to see if the Event Frame is still open?