5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2016 7:10 AM by Eugene Lee

PI AF Notification Development

jainc_paresh

Hello Team,

Greetings for the day!

Is there a way if any pi notification is trigger, from SQL database or through AF SDK, I will be able to capture that event and perform my manipulation on it. If so could your provide the code snippet for the same.

Please suggest a way to achieve my requirement.

Thanks & Regards,

Paresh Jain

• Re: PI AF Notification Development
          Eugene Lee

Hi Paresh,

I believe that in AN SDK, there are methods to capture the instances that are triggered such as

public ANInstances GetInstances(AFTime startTime, AFTime endTime)

An ANInstance represents a notification instance that has properties such as StartTime, IsActive, EndTime etc.

Please this video for examples.

jainc_paresh

Hello Eugee,

Greetings for the day & Thank you for your response.

Actually my requirement is "I would like to send email notification which will have 10 mins before trend image as soon as trigger (notification) occurred". In P AF Notification, this feature is available but just to send a link and user should be connected to our office co-operate network. Which will not be possible all the time in my case.

So I am thinking of writting on service which will be triggered based on PI Notification. Hence would like to know the SQL table in short need to capture that event.

Your link will give me data based on parameter which will not be the case in my senario. Could you suggest some alternative option.

Please suggest a way to achieve my requirement.

Thanks,

Paresh Jain

gregor

Hello Paresh,

Please note that PI Notifications is currently undergoing some Major changes. Please see PI Developers Club Webinar Series: What's new with PI Notifications 2016?

Since June, PI Notifications 2016 Beta is released.

If you plan for new development, I suggest using the PI Notifications 2016 Beta for this purpose rather than PI Notifications 2012a or earlier versions.

I understand that you like to modify Notifications at or shortly after creation. This indicates, Notifications are not generated as you really need them. I am wondering if there's any lack in functionality or if it might not be a better approach setting things up the right way. Can you please describe the programmatic adjustments you are envisioning? Also, if you feel there's lack in PI Notifications functionality, what version have you been looking at?  

jainc_paresh

Hello Gregor,

Greetings for the day & Thank you for your response.

We already have production environment on which we have PI AF Notification 2012 ans is working perfectly fine. What do you recommend can we install AF Notification 2016 Beta on the same server (upgrade) and use it in our production environment.

Thanks,

Paresh Jain