3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2016 11:43 AM by Roger Palmen

Calculated data using self determined string as an input.

WCBrad

Hi all, I am developing an operational performance database and have included a structure for an alerts and limits system. To aid in maintenence and development the values and their states have been set up in a table where each row is identified using a unique identity consisting of the Asset number and the attribute name. These identities are created using the stringbuilder with |FLN;_;%|Attribute%; The final output is determined using a formula function nested if statement to return a value as defined in the lookup table. However, Using calculated data on the result to return the average alert state results in no good data. Querying elsewhere using compressed data it says that the Identity has no time information and so cannot return a value. If anyone has any thoughts as to what may be happening or how to write a similar structure, it would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Hi all, I am developing an operational performance database and have included a structure for an alerts and limits system. To aid in maintenence and development the values and their states have been set up in a table where each row is identified using a unique identity consisting of the Asset number and the attribute name. These identities are created using the stringbuilder with |FLN;_;%|Attribute%; The final output is determined using a formula function nested if statement to return a value as defined in the lookup table. However, Using calculated data on the result to return the average alert state results in no good data. Querying elsewhere using compressed data it says that the Identity has no time information and so cannot return a value. If anyone has any thoughts as to what may be happening or how to write a similar structure, it would be greatly appreciated. Regards

• Re: Calculated data using self determined string as an input.
          Roger Palmen

Hi Bradley,

I find it difficult to understand the details of your model and your problem. Could you provide some more detail on your setup, error messages in which client, etc.

• Re: Calculated data using self determined string as an input.
              WCBrad

Hi Roger,

Thanks for getting back to me. Weirdly overnight it started working.

The goal was to create a system which can output a variable describing whether a value is LoLo, Lo, Normal, Hi or HiHi. Depending on the location in the structure each of these states may have a different degree of criticality.

In the Element there is a unique identity number.

The current value (from a PI point)  is contained in a root level attribute

Within this there are sub attributes describing the limits, there is also a unique identity term. this is made up of the identity number of the element along with the name of the parent attribute.

The values of the LoLo, through to HiHi, along with their states are drawn out of a lookup table, where the lookup term is the identity described above.

A nested if statement will return a value, which corresponds to the criticality of that state.

\Element

|Unique Number

|Value

|Unique Identity               String Builder |Unique Number;_;%|Attribute%

|LoLo..HiHi                    Table lookup using Unique Identity

|Current State Val          If statement nest using formula functions

The problem I was having was the final return of that value from the nested if statement. Yesterday it was saying that the unique number in the Element could not be time determined, it is a fixed value that never changes and entered directly into AF. This seemed to be interfering with the performance of both compressed data and calculated data queries using datalink. Today both these functions are working as intended, I'm very certain nothing has changed in the interim.

AF client is 2016 SP1, and the server is 2.7.0

Datalink version is 2015, 5.2.0

I'm unclear what has changed to make it work, but am glad it has.

Regards, Bradley