jnmiller

What are the Min and Max PITime values supported

Discussion created by jnmiller on May 27, 2009
Latest reply on Jun 2, 2009 by andreas

Many calls such as PIData.RecordedValues, PIData.IterpolatedValues, etc. take generic object start/end time parameters into the methods. I understand that the PI SDK reference spells out the various values that these can be; however, one of the values that these can be are PITime values. It appeared to me that I was able to pass in bad start/end times when using the PITime objects. Specifically, I was setting them to the dotNet DateTime.MinValue/MaxValue (start time to 'PITime.LocalDate = DateTime.MinValue' and the end time to 'PITime.LocalDate = DateTime.MaxValue') before passing them into the method call and I recieved a timestamp error back. What is the acceptable default Min/Max values that will not cause errors?

I noticed that the PI Server Refrence Guide mentions that the "PI 2 System timestamp is based on number of seconds since January 1, 1970 00:00:00 local time." Can I assume that this is the Min value that I am looking for? (I saw nothing that mentions anything related to a Max)

Thanks,
John

Outcomes