1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 13, 2016 9:18 AM by gregor

PI Ace output values not updating

parasyn

We are running PI Ace 2010 and PI Server 2012.

I have a piace module without any inputs or outputs configured in the wizard. 

(I am doing that in the vb code, because not all values are present for each context)

My output values are not updating however.

The code that is updating values looks like this:

output.SendDataToPI = true;

output.ExeTime = ExeTimeExtended.ExeTimeSeconds; 

output.ArcMode = DataMergeConstants.dmReplaceDuplicates;

output.PutValue();

(where output is a variable representing a PIACEPoint)

I call this code when the context calculation triggers.

When I call this code while debugging in visual studio or context recalculation the values appear to get calculated (I have created my own logging and can see the code being called) but no data is being written to the archive.

Peter

• Re: PI Ace output values not updating
          gregor

Hello Peter,

Peter Millar wrote:

I have a piace module without any inputs or outputs configured in the wizard.

I call this code when the context calculation triggers.

To be clear, without specifying any input, the choice of triggers for natural scheduling will be empty. Please correct me if I am wrong, only clock scheduling should be available. What Period and Offset did you specify?

Do you see a confirmation in your logs that the context becomes executed?

If so, there could be different reasons why write attempts fail like point security or the point being locked by a buffer subsystem instance. So if you confirmed that your context has become executed, please see the PI Message Log on the PI ACE Server and the PI Data Archive host for messages that would explain what's going wrong.

It's usually pretty helpful if you create something very simple to reproduce the issue. If you are able to do so, you can share your sample which may allow us to reproduce the issue.