3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2016 11:14 PM by Mike Zboray

Alarms and Notifications 2016 SDK Beta Release

mdspath

Hello There,

Is anyone out there using the 2016 AN SDK beta release for there application?

We have an application which we developed using the AF SDK to mine data from a PI Archive then display on our custom UI.

We have been trying to flesh out a design for using the new 2016 Alarms and Notifications SDK to allow our users to create e-mail groups, notification limits on PI tags, etc.. Currently we do not use the AF database but I understand we will have to in order to take advantage of the new AN SDK. We currently do not use the current AN SDK.

Can someone point me to resources in order for me to plan our design (what sort of .net library calls are needed), help file for the library calls.

I have asked the AN team but they suggested I post here.

Thank you in advance,

Mike

• Re: Alarms and Notifications 2016 SDK Beta Release
          gregor

Hello Mike,

Are you asking for information about how to build your Asset structure or are you asking what AF SDK / AN SDK methods to implement with your application?

If it is the latter and you are working on the design of your application, what kind of functionality are you intending to include?

As far as AF SDK is concerned, I suggest starting with AF SDK Library reference e.g. at PI Live Library.

With regards to PI Notifications 2016, it appears the beta download is not available anymore. I feel PI Notifications 2016 will be released very soon as part of the PI AF 2016 R2 package. I expect relevant documentation to be included with the setup kit. During the beta phase there was a specific email address BetaPINotifications@osisoft.com supposed being used with all related communication. You stated that you've been in touch with the AN team and I really don't like to send you in circles. Maybe Stephen Kwan can share some additional information.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            Mike Zboray

Just to clarify, there isn't really a new ANSDK. The old ANSDK is being retired and the all functionality has been moved into AFSDK. One SDK to rule them all...

That said I don't think there are any example code up any where yet (the AFSDK Live Library has documentation for the classes but I don't think there are any examples). It would be a good topic for a PI Square post.

Mike Zboray

I've got a blog post describing how to configure a basic notification for AF/Notifications 2016 here.