Have you heard about the OSIsoft Small Private Online Courses (SPOCs)? These convenient learning opportunities allow you to work at your own pace and on your own time, from the comfort of your own desk!!!
Next Monday November 14th marks the start of our next facilitated session for the Configuring Analytics with PI AF online course. For the following 3 weeks, you can expand your PI System knowledge with guidance and assistance from an OSIsoft facilitator. You can even submit a final project to get feedback and earn a certificate of completion for the course! To hear more about the perks of registering for a facilitated session, check out the Online Course FAQ.
In the Configuring Analytics with PI AF online course, Systems Engineer Jie Chou covers how to configure analyses and notifications using PI Asset Framework. Learn how to set up Expressions for multi-line calculations, Rollups for aggregate attributes, PI Event Frames to automatically detect events in your process data, and PI Notifications to alert you to any significant incidents. Please note that this course has not been updated yet to account for the recent Product Release: PI Server 2016 R2.
The course is perfect for anyone who wants to leverage the advanced calculation capabilities of Asset Analytics. Ideally, students are already familiar with the basics of PI AF, such as building templates and assets. Process engineers and subject matter experts are highly encouraged to take this course, as they have a strong understanding of the processes within their organization.
In order to follow along with the videos and complete the exercises, you will need:
- Read/write access to a PI System (running and collecting data)
- Access to an AF Server with the PI Analysis Service and PI Notifications 2012
- Access to an AF database with read/write permissions (specifically permission to modify and create templates, attributes, analyses, and notifications in PI AF)
- Access to the PI Data Archive with read/write permissions (specifically permission to create PI Points; access to a development or sandbox server is highly encouraged)
- PI System Explorer (PSE)
- Access to visualization tools such as PI DataLink and PI Coresight is encouraged
For more information on our Small Private Online Courses (SPOCs), check out the Online Courses Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Again, the next facilitated session starts November 14th.
See you "in class" soon! Join now!