5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2016 3:57 PM by bbregenzer

How to create a summary of 3 Tags with memory in Analyses?

Brunoepc

I need to do something like that.

If at least one of the three tags is shown as an alarm warning, the summary go to this alarm page. If the tag goes back to normal the summary keeps at the alarm page until the "Reset" is done.

And I need to develop this processes using "Analyses".

Regards.

• Re: How to create a summary of 3 Tags with memory in Analyses?
          kfong

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for posting on PI Square!  Could you provide more information about what you're trying to accomplish?  I'm not sure what you mean by the following:

• "the summary go to this alarm page." 
          • the Reset is done"

Thanks!

tmcmanus

Hi Bruno,

I have a few questions about this implementation that will help us assist you:

My understanding is that you want to direct your users to a webpage when one of these three tags enter an alarm state. On that webpage, your users can view the alarm state of the tag, and when they are ready they can press a "Reset" button, removing the alarm state from the webpage.

When you refer to an "alarm page", is there a website (perhaps PI Coresight or a PI Notifications Acknowledge Page), that you are referencing here?

If not, is there a custom website that you have created to display this data?

Brunoepc

Hi Taylor,

Sorry for my delay, I was sick.

I have a display on ProcessBook and I need to do this things using VBA.

My button is on ProcessBook too, I need to do something like a memory in PI AF.

Regards.

bbregenzer

Hi, Bruno.

Do you think something like this would work?

Here I have the three alarm attributes on my element that would be mapped to your alarm tags (note I didn't actually map these to tags on my test system so I can just enter some data for testing) and an Alarm Summary tag:

Here, 1 means active and 0 means off.

On the analysis side, we sum the alarms and then flip the Alarm Summary to 1 if any of them are active:

We write no output to the summary tag if the alarms are all off so that the analysis can only activate the Alarm Summary but cannot reset it to 0.  That reset will be handled by your VBA button in ProcessBook.  When someone presses the button in ProcessBook, it will write a zero to the Alarm Summary tag.

A few caveats:

1. If your Analysis Service writes are buffered (as they should be), then your ProcessBook writes would also need to be buffered.  If not, then the point will get a buffer lock error when ProcessBook tries to write to it.  I think this is as simple as enabling SDK buffering on the client where the PDI is in use, but I'm not an expert in writing back to PI via PB VBA.  In the case you can buffer the writes from PB, you would probably have to use an intermediate reset tag that only PB writes to and the analysis reads to reset the Alarm Summary.  This will require some adjustments to the logic in both the analysis and the VBA.

2. I'm not sure if you would have a situation where the reset button is pushed before all of the individual alarms clear, but with the above setup the analysis would set the alarm summary back to 1 the next time one of the alarms got a new event with a value of 1, conflicting with the previous command from the reset button.

Please let us know what you think and keep us posted on your progress.