AnsweredAssumed Answered

AF 2016 to 2016 R2 Upgrade

Question asked by VCampus-METCO on Nov 14, 2016
Latest reply on Nov 20, 2016 by lposner

I have a question regarding the upgrade of PI-AF to 2016 R2 using the AF Services install kit, because the installation manual does not seem to tie up with the actual installer program.

I have already upgraded the PI Data Archive to the latest version and wanted to upgrade AF. I also have on this machine PI Notifications (2012), Coresight 2016 and WebAPI 2016.

The AF Services Installation & Upgrade manual, page 53 states that the PI AF Service must be stopped prior to the upgrade - step 1b, which I have done.

Step 2c states that the install script should ask to modify, repair or uninstall. The actual install goes to the "Feature Selection" page. If I select all options, including PI Analysis and Notifications, it steps through the "SQL Server connection" dialog, "SQL Server rules".

When it gets to the "AF Server" page, it attempts to connect to the AF Service; which was specifically asked to be stopped in an earlier step!

Should these two components (PI Analysis / Notifications) be removed from selection and done as a second pass at the install but with the AF Service running to work successfully?

Simon

Outcomes