AnsweredAssumed Answered

Using tags not in template

Question asked by JoshRaines on Nov 23, 2016
Latest reply on Nov 28, 2016 by kholstein

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I'll give it a shot. I'm working my way through the videos, so if this is mentioned elsewhere, forgive me.  In setting up an expression, I want to use a tag that isn't necessarily a part of the attributes for the template.  I'll detail out my example.

I have a building that uses steam, chill water and electricity, all of which we meter.  I have a building template that has some basic information about the building, and under that I have templates for each of the services, and those are where the attributes exist.  These services are going to change depending on the outside conditions, so I monitor my wet bulb temperature, but that attribute isn't necessarily in the Steam template, nor is it necessarily in the building template.  In the variable expressions field, how do I reference an "attribute", that isn't a part of that specific template?  Is it possible? Am I going to be required to bring the wetbulb temperature into every single template just so I can use it in the analysis?

Outcomes