4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2009 3:21 PM by Joshua.Lyon

rtGraphic Web Part - Selected File Path

IanGore

Hi,

I'm developing a "scorecard" application using a number of rtGraphic webparts to display information.  To allowing user evaluation to proceed while I am developing, we have a "dev" sharepoint site and a "test" sharepoint site.  At regular intervals we backup the "dev" site and restore it to the "test" site.

To facilitate this process we don't use complete paths (eg http://<site>/<doclibrary>/file)  in the "Selected File" field of the rtGraphic web part but use the relative path (eg /doclibrary/file).  This seems to "work" OK but there seems to be a couple of "funnies" related to it.

1) The "Browse" button doesn't work properly anymore.  When I try to use it I get a "File not found" error message.

2) The web-part doesn't update correctly if I upload a new version of an SVG file to the document library. If I do this with a full path and do a <Cntrl>Refresh the webpart shows the new SVG file.  If I use the relative path and do a <Cntrl>Refresh it doesn't update.  In order to get it to update I have to go into the Modify Shared Web Part menu and hit OK (nothing else).  Not only that, I have to do that on other users PCs as well !! - just updating the page on my PC doesn't sort it out for other people looking at the same shared page.

I'm guessing that these two problems are related in some way. 

Any ideas?  I don't want to have to go back to using full paths since I'd have to edit them each time I released a new version to "test".

Cheers,

Ian.

• Re: rtGraphic Web Part - Selected File Path
          andreas

Hi Ian,

please let me suggest that you contact techsupport regarding this issue. I have been in touch with the developers, and the first issue (File Search dialog not working) is a known design limitation, the File Search/Browse dialogs do not work with relative paths.

However, the second issue seems to be new - so please contact OSIsoft Techsupport via email techsupport@osisoft.com or by phone to go through the normal tracking process.

regards,

• Re: rtGraphic Web Part - Selected File Path
              IanGore

Just to close the loop on this thread....

I contacted TechSupport.  The handling of relative paths is a problem both for the File Search dialogue and related to caching the SVG files.  An enhancement PLI 20490OSI8 has been raised.

A workaround to sort out the update of the pages is to delete the SVG Cache which can be found under C:\Program Files\PIPC\RtBaselineServices\Temp\SVGCache on the web server.