4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2016 4:51 AM by Lonnie Bowling

Custom Coresight Symbols

Annu

Guys, Please Share your work regarding Custom Coresight Symbols.

• Re: Custom Coresight Symbols
          Lonnie Bowling

Hi Annu,

Are you looking for ideas of what you could do? Or just generally wondering what others are up to? If you could share a little about what you want to achieve that might help the conversation. I just started working with building custom symbols and see a lot of potential. I'm happy to share stuff, but there is so much to say, I really don't know where to start.

Lonnie

asorokina

Hi Annu,

We have quite a few community samples of PI Coresight custom symbols in the OSIsoft GitHub repository here: PI-Coresight-Custom-Symbols/Community Samples/OSIsoft at master · osisoft/PI-Coresight-Custom-Symbols · GitHub

Are you looking for anything in particular?

Annu

Hi Lonnie Bowling

I am Novice programmer and wondering what all possibilities are there.

Thanks Anna Perry

I have already explored these. I don't have anything particular in mind just exploring other options.

Lonnie Bowling

Hi Annu,

The are a lot of possibilities! Because it is so open and you can bring in other libraries it really is just limited by what you can think up! I am working with D3 to do some high quality data visualizations, and even working on extending the data access with using the PI Web API. That way even it the Coresight standard data shapes don't have what I need I can roll my own. I'm in the early stages of my work so I don't have anything to show, but should over the next month or so. So far I find the biggest challenge is just working through getting my development environment setup so I can be productive. With the documentation and samples, I have more than enough to work with to get going. This is all really new stuff, so not many of us have really got to far with it.

Lonnie