5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2016 9:47 AM by gregor

PI Ace Calculation showing error: Thread aborted

Paurav Joshi

Hello Folks,

I am getting one different and weird behaviour with PI ACE. Recently twice in a day it goes to state like any calculation is not running, and giving error like thread aborted.

Please find error just came before thread aborting one:

I 06-Dec-16 10:45:22 pinetmgr                                            (7121)

>> Deleting connection:  PIACEClassLibraryHost.exe(52484):remote, Asynch read failed. [10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host., ID: 2106  <PI_Data_Archive_IP>:5450

Has anybody experienced similar behaviour? How we can resolve this?

I have resolved this problem by restarting ACE 2.0 Scheduler, but this can't be solution.

Thanks,

Paurav Joshi

• Re: PI Ace Calculation showing error: Thread aborted
          gregor

Hello Paurav,

Can you please verify with the PI Message Log on the PI Data Archive host if the host was restarted or the PI Subsystem services at the have been taken down?

If this is not the case, the error message may indicate network issues. For verification, you can setup PI Ping interface on the PI ACE Scheduler host and add a point that measures the ping times against the PI Data Archive host.

It may as well be useful to analyze other machines, interface nodes or clients, that connect against the same PI Data Archive host. Do the local PI Message Logs indicate issues for the same time?

Paurav Joshi

Hi Gregor,

Thanks for comment.

Can you please verify with the PI Message Log on the PI Data Archive host if the host was restarted or the PI Subsystem services at the have been taken down?

That has been verified first like standard procedure, and found that everything is fine.

If this is not the case, the error message may indicate network issues.

That's what I found early on another thread in PI Square, so like suggested by you I have setup ping interface, and ping tag configured to monitor connection status with 10 second scan interval.from ACE Scheduler machine to PI Data Archive.

I found no problem or break in trend of same, so currently setup another ping interface and tag from PI Data Archive to PI ACE Scheduler machine (It's same from any side just want to confirm all options) . Waiting for happening scenario once again so that I have ping statistics with me.

Thanks,

Paurav Joshi

bpayne

Hi Paurav,

There can be several scenarios that could cause this issue such as an error in the code, timeouts, low resources.

Here are a couple of links that may be helpful in troubleshooting.

Troubleshooting PI ACE

KB3259OSI8 - How to troubleshoot PI ACE Calc Failed errors

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  Paurav Joshi

Hi Butch,

Thanks for sharing links of video and KB Article links.

There can be several scenarios that could cause this issue such as an error in the code, timeouts, low resources.

Agree that there can be several scenarios. Please find my comments as follows:

• If there is an error in code, than by just restarting the scheduler it can't be resolved.
                  • In low resources scenario, we have perfmon interface installed and monitoring all necessary parameter of CPU as well as PI ACE counters.
                  • In  timeout scenarios, all contexts under module can't go in aborted state at once.

Can you please help me out what can be other scenarios.so we can zeroed on the issue.

Thanks,

Paurav Joshi

gregor

Hi Paurav,

I tend to disagree with your conclusion to remove a possible code issue from the list of possible reasons because there's a chance that a certain code path is only taken in a very specific scenario. Restarting the PI ACE Scheduler means un-loading all ACEClassLibraries from memory and starting over. PI ACE may be running fine until the bad code path is entered again.