AnsweredAssumed Answered

Connecting Coresight/WebAPI running on Server 2012 to Data/AF server on Win7

Question asked by synengco_rel on Dec 7, 2016
Latest reply on Apr 13, 2017 by PCloutier

Hi

I have recently updated my Pi developers club subscription and have updated the data server/AF install I had on a Windows 7 PC to the latest versions.

Updating the AF/data server/tools/etc on the win 7 PC went smoothly and I also installed PiWebAPI on this machine which also seems to be working fine (the JSON document loads fine when I access the root of the API service via a web browser)

In order to try out Coresight, I created a VM with windows server 2012 R2 and SQL express and went though the Coresight install package using all default/recommended options.

During the install I specified the AF/Data server as those running on the Win 7 PC.

Running System explorer on the windows server PC allows me to specify/connect/manage the AF and data servers on the win 7 PC with no problems.

However, Coresight and PiWebAPI running on the windows server PC don't seem to be able to connect to the AF server on the Win 7 PC.

in Coresight Admin -> Configuration

- Data Servers, Connection status is good, no issues

- Asset servers, The AF server is listed but "Test Connection" button has a red cross.  Clicking Test connection does not do anything (no popups etc) 

- Pi Coresight Database, Both SQL server and Database fields are filled with green ticks next to each

When accessing the PiWebAPI root hosted on the windows server 2012 PC I get the following error (as JSON text):

{

• Errors: [
    • "PI Web API is not ready. Refer to the event log for more information."
    ]

}

The Event log for PiWebAPI has the following entry every 15 sec:

[Configuration]: Cannot obtain system configuration. Default configuration values will be used. Retrying every 15 seconds. Exception:

System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException: Cannot connect to server 'PISRV'. ---> System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException: The socket connection was aborted. This could be caused by an error processing your message or a receive timeout being exceeded by the remote host, or an underlying network resource issue. Local socket timeout was '00:04:59.9839956'. ---> System.IO.IOException: The read operation failed, see inner exception. ---> System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException: The socket connection was aborted. This could be caused by an error processing your message or a receive timeout being exceeded by the remote host, or an underlying network resource issue. Local socket timeout was '00:04:59.9839956'. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

(PISRV is the Win 7 PC with Data/AF server)

Can anyone recommend any settings I should be checking or other logs/config files I should be reviwing?  Also is it possible that the Windows server/Win 7 combination just not going to work for Coresight/piwebapi?

Thanks.

Outcomes