Hello, thank you in advance for reading this question.
I should mention I am using Datalink 5.0, and I have four pi tags configured in point builder as:
- FTLD point source
- Point class: classic
- Scan: ON
- Archiving: ON
- Step: ON
- Shutdown: ON
- Compressing: ON
- Exception Deviation: 1.5 Eng Units
- Compression Deviation: 3 eng units.
- Location1: 8 (which copy of the interface the point belongs to)
- Location2: 0 (not used)
- Location3: 1 (advise on change)
- Location4: 1 (scan class)
- Location5: 0 (no asynchronous read)
When I use datalink to poll 5 minute averages for these tags, I see them return values:
- tag1a: ~233-250
- tag1v: ~580-600
- tag2a: ~3-5
- tag2v: ~580-600
When I use the expression 'tag1a'*tag1v' I get the results I expect.
When I pass in an expression asking for 'tag2a'*'tag2v' the result is "Over Range".
I have attempted to change the span of the points to 600 which has not helped solve the problem. I am surprised because the points individually return data and I am only asking PI to multiply the two together. The results of the calculation are all less than the maximum storable int16 (2147486647) which I assumed could be the problem.
- Is the expression evaluation on the pi server using the span to report Over Range?
- Is datalink using the span to evaluate the result coming back from the expression as Over Range?
- Any idea how I can fix this?
I've attached a screenshot of the result set. Thank you again for reading. Please forgive me if I have categorized this question incorrectly.