AnsweredAssumed Answered

EFGen for Continuous Batches

Question asked by mgeerling Employee on Dec 23, 2016

Hey everyone,

I'm doing some work with EFGen and am having trouble capturing all of my sub-batches.  Before I put this into production, I'm simulating the behavior by using the built in random tag "ba:phase.1".  This tag moves between phase1 and phase7 randomly and in order.  My desired behavior is that a value of phase1 will trigger the start of each level1 batch while each value (phase1, phase2, etc) will denote a level2 batch.  The level1 batch should END when my active tag has a value of phase1 again.  Below is a very professional paint mockup of the behavior   

My EFConfig_Tree looks like this:

All parts of the tree rely on the same active point. 

I've tried two major configurations with no luck:

1)

EFLoading configured as step with "include zeroeth state" checked (where zeroeth state = Phase1).  Each child configured as step where BA:Phase.1 = Phase# (where the # corresponds to the correct phase).  EFLoadingPhase1 is also checked to include the zeroeth state. 

Resulting behavior: All level2 batches are captured, but they are each created under a separate level1 batch.

2)

EFLoading configured as Pulse that begins when BA:Phase.1 = Phase1.  Each child configured as step where BA:Phase.1 = Phase# (where the # corresponds to the correct phase). 

Resulting behavior: My level1 batch ends at the correct time, and it has six level2 batches.  It is missing the Phase1 level2 batch, and the level1 batch starts once my active tag = phase2.  To summarize, it starts the parent batch at the wrong time (Phase2 rather than Phase1) but ends at correct time.  The result looks nearly correct but has a gap where BA:Phase.1 would equal Phase1.   

I think I need my Level1 batch configured to be "Pulse" while also using "include zeroeth state".  However, this option gets greyed out when not using "Step"

Does anyone have any thoughts?  I can include pictures of my resulting behavior if my explanation is unclear. 

Outcomes