16 Replies Latest reply on Sep 13, 2018 12:13 PM by gregor

ProcessBook Multiple Tags Long Period Data Extractor Tool

Meir

I developed a ProcessBook based tool (PDI file with VB script) for extracting historical data from PI Server into CSV files with no dependency on piconfig.exe. The tool should be practically unlimited in the amount of data it can handle (I successfully extracted multiple years of data with 1gb of CSV files produced)

Screenshot.png

Read docs and download from Github - GitHub - imubit/pi-pbook-data-extractor: ProcessBook applet for extracting historical data from PI Server

(Direct link of latest version - https://github.com/imubit/pi-pbook-data-extractor/archive/master.zip )

It is now possible to select tags with standard Tag Search dialog, grab tags from co-opened ProcessBook designs,  import from text files or add manually.  It is also possible to preview data from a single tag

(My previous command line tool is no longer needed - Easy to use script to extract time-series tag data into CSV )

Please post comments and problems...

Usage

• Open PDI in your ProcessBook
      • Select tags you are willing to extract. Tags can be selected in one of the following ways:
        • Searching tags with standard ProcessBook searching tool (click Search...)
        • Importing text file with a single tag name per line
        • Adding tag names manually (default server will be assumed, if not server path is provided (full path "\SERVNAME\tagname", default server - "tagname")
        • Retrieving tags from open displays of active ProcessBook file (*.PIW). To use this option make sure only 1 PIW file is open with at least a single Display is viewed.
      • Select time period you are interested in
      • Click Extract
      • CSV file per each tag will be created within Save Directory (you can modify the default path)

https://github.com/imubit/pi-pbook-data-extractor#other-optionsOther options

• You can change "Block size" value if you run low on memory, or PI Server is limited on how much data can be fetched per transaction (this value is an amount of tag samples extracted in a single iteration)
      • Sometimes it is conventient to change file prefix - "tag_", (i.e. while 2 tags have the same name) before clicking on "Extract"
      • Tag content can be previewed before extraction (e.g. for making sure it is not empty), by selecting tag name within tags list and clicking on "Preview Selected Tag History"

Enjoy!

Meir Tseitlin