AnsweredAssumed Answered

Webservice delivery endpoint not working on Web Method with web requests

Question asked by kirt on Jan 30, 2017
Latest reply on Feb 3, 2017 by aseck

I've been working on a web service for a delivery endpoint in our PI notifications that basically allows sending SMS messages via Web API provided by our local Service provider. Basically what this web method does is call a 'GET' web request to the API along with the parameters sent in with the web method. For some reason though, the web method does not send the SMS when I do the testing on our PI System Explorer. I could confirm, that other web methods work on the web service work on this endpoint, just not this one in particular.

One point that may be worth mentioning is that when I click on the test button, the dialog box for 'Test sent successfully' prompt appears instantaneously. Running this web method (sending of sms messages) usually takes about 1-3 seconds to complete on our other apps, but seems to complete instantaneously in PI delivery endpoints. This lead me to believe that the delivery endpoint may not have run the contents of the web method at all.

I'm not sure if there are any limitations to what functionalities we can allow on our web services that the PI Delivery endpoints could accommodate. Can somebody confirm if there are in fact any?

Outcomes