AnsweredAssumed Answered

Eventframes and Value Type:Elements

Question asked by HenlodeWaal Champion on Feb 2, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 3, 2017 by John Messinger

When a event is generated the user need to select a list of possible reason from a drop down or hierarchy. The reason for this is to categorize, allocate and select reasons based on the two previous selections. Now I can't create or build a dynamic enumeration set based on input, AF array value types is basically useless until proven otherwise. Can't use tables as it can't return all values. So I'm looking into the possibility of using an AF structure to supply this need.

Here is the scenario.

Look at the table below, this is what a typical downtime allocation could look like. Now you can easily build this into an AF structure and use Data Type : Element.

This way if the user selects any of the items in HEADER3 I need to be able to get the HEADER 2 ..\Element and HEADER1 ..\..\Element

Now the trick comes in when you want to do this in Eventframes. From what I can gather I can't get the path or the selected Element IN THE ATTRIBUTE and get the parents or grand parents.

What are the option s to get dynamic result from selections made by users, will I have to go the custom dev route or is there some sneaky way to achieve this.

Header 1Header 2Header 3
LOSSELECTRICALPLC
LOSSELECTRICALPUMP
LOSSELECTRICALGEAR FAULT
LOSSELECTRICALDRIVE FAULT
LOSSELECTRICALMCC FAULT
LOSSAUTOMATIONREASON 1
LOSSAUTOMATIONREASON 2
LOSSAUTOMATIONREASON 3
SCHEDULED TIMEMECHANICALREASON 4
SCHEDULED TIMEMECHANICALREASON 5

Outcomes