1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 25, 2009 2:02 AM by cescamilla

Merge Archives

s.grainger
      I am looking to merge two archives but I am running into problems with the pointids.  Lets say I have 2 archives one has data from the 1st to the 10th of the month and the other archive has data from the 11th to the end of the month.  There archives are coming from 2 different PI servers with data for the same tags.  So in archive1 there are point ids 1 to 1000 and in archive2 there are point ids 20001 to 21000.  Keep in mind that these poind ids are for the same PI tags.  So same PI tag with 2 pointids.  I believe that I need to make the point ids the same before merging the archives.  I have been referencing the PI Server System Management Guide Chapter 9 Merging Two PI Servers.  If I understand the Binary ID Conversion Table correctly then the primary archive has the new point id and every old archive just knows how to find the data based on the conversion table.  If that's true then how do I merge the archives with 2 point ids?
        • Re: Merge Archives
          cescamilla

Hi s.puff,

I would kindly suggest that you contact techsupport regarding this issue. Please contact OSIsoft Techsupport via email techsupport@osisoft.com or by phone to go through the normal tracking process.

Anyway, and as to point you in the right direction, there is a way to merge to archives and provide a conversion table for point id's in the piartool. You could find that information in the "PI Server System Management Guide" section 3.3.1 I think.

Well, now you know what to look for.