6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2009 11:21 AM by andreas

Archive Analyser

cdavis

I'm having problems getting the Archive Analyser working. I've used it in the past and know it works and so downloaded it from the vCampus "Old DevNet Stuff" area. When I try to run any of the functions from the Excel menu I get "The macro'OSIDevNetArchiveAnalyser.xla!BlahBlah' cannot be found." If I open up the VBA editor and look for the functions, they're there. Anybody have a suggestion/explanation? It would be nice if this functionality was part of the SMT3 tools.

• Re: Archive Analyser
          cescamilla

Are you using Microsoft Office 2007/2010?

I've had issues when running macros from some of the old Devnet applications due to some minor differences in VBA cores in 2007 version of Office.

Can you try it in version 2003 and see if you get the same error?

I know this is not a solution, but it can help isolate the real problem.

cdavis

It's Excel 2002 SP3 running on XP SP2

cdavis

Upgrading from Excel 2002 to Excel 2003 didn't help...same error. Any other suggestions?

Daniel Takara

Craig,

Does it work if you login to your computer with any other Windows account and add it to the Excel add-in list?

How are you using it? Did you add it to the list of Excel add-ins, in the same way usually done for DataLink, Tag Configurator, MDB Builder, etc (i.e., Tools > Add-Ins > Browse)? Or are you just opening the OSIDevNetArchiveAnalyser.xla as you open any other xls file?

Are you using it on the same computer where it worked once? Has the computer hard disk never been formatted since then?

I am using the Archive Analyser with no problems on my laptop with Excel 2003. After some research, I found out that a key in the Windows registry is created for the add-in in the following path:

HKEY_USERS\<SID>\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Excel\Add-in Manager

where <SID> is the security identifier of your Windows account. Microsoft Office 11.0 is the same as Microsoft Office 2003.

ArchiveAnalyserPath.JPG

In order to find out the SID of your Windows account, you can create a text file with the a VBScript like the following (named UserSID_script.vbs, for instance) and run it:

============

strComputer = "."
                      Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")

Set objAccount = objWMIService.Get _
                          ("Win32_UserAccount.Name='daniel.takara',Domain='NEORIS'")
                      Wscript.Echo objAccount.SID

============

(by the way, I'm not a VBScript expert: just took this script from Hey, Scripting Guy! Blog  How Can I Determine the SID for a User Account).

Maybe the name of that registry key on your computer has an old path where you ran the Archive Analyser add-in previously from? In any case, it's curious that the add-in menu options are loaded and the problem only manifests when you click on any of the options, right?

andreas

Just checked with Excel 2007 - works fine. So - how are the security settings for Macros/Add-Ins? Is PI Datalink installed and working?

Regards,

Craig, go to the project references and make sure there isn't a missing reference.