2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2009 2:33 PM by andreas

Granting AF Server running under local account, permissions to domain user

rmarcell

I'm working with a customer of ours on an application we've developed that integrates our software with AF. They are running the AF server under a local account on the machine. I have no problem getting our product, also running as a service on a different machine communicating with AF by using the technique of duplicate local accounts on both machines. Where I run into a problem is in a process book screen developed using AF references. When run on the remote machine when logged in to the local account that's duplicated on the AF server, the processbook screen connects to the points fine. When logged into that machine from a domain account, the AF references don't resolve. When I bring up security in AF I see no way to add a "domain\everyone" account.

• Re: Granting AF Server running under local account, permissions to domain user
          hanyong

Hi Richard,

Just like to find out more about the problem from you. When you are trying to adjust AF security setting, is the System Explorer running as a domain user? When you say that there is no way to add domain\everyone account, do you mean that you are unable to find the account when you try to add the user? Which version of AF are you using?

I have tried running the AF 2.1 server on a machine that has joined a domain as a local administrator. I can run the System explorer and still search for users in the domain, only that I would be prompted to give a domain credentials to perform the search.

I would be curious to know more about what you are facing, having screenshots would be helpful in this case =)

You can also contact our Technical Support team, they would be able to provide you assistance on this issue as well.

• Re: Granting AF Server running under local account, permissions to domain user
              andreas

Richard,

please let me emphasize Han Yong's suggestion.

I would like to invite you to contact our Technical Support team instead (TechSupport@osisoft.com - +1-510-297-5828). The OSIsoft vCampus program and its various features are really meant for programming, development and integration topics. Just like Microsoft's MSDN. On the other hand, "end-user" and "PI administration" questions (e.g. installation, configuration, usage, etc.) are still best handled by our technical support team. The technical support team has the experience and the tools to provide remote assistance to you in any non programming issues related to the PI System.

Kind regards,