10 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2009 7:30 PM by Pablo Benvenuto

PI Manual Logger available on vCampus?

dawn_macdonald

Is PI Manual Logger available for download on vCampus?  I can't seem to find it anywhere.

• Re: PI Manual Logger available on vCampus?

PI Manual Logger is not available for download on vCampus. Essentially, the vCampus PI Products Kit is meant to provide subscribers with a personal development PI System, and is limited to certain products (most of our products, that is!). The idea was to come up with a system that has as much of what people need to develop on top of PI or integrate PI with other Line-of-Business (LOB) systems - and allow them to bring realistic data into it, from Production PI Servers (via the PItoPI Interface).

I invite you to review the list of what's included and what's not in the online Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section at http://vCampus.osisoft.com/content/FAQ.aspx.

As far as getting additional (demo?) products or a company-wide development server for things like training, backfilling, testing, etc., I invite you to contact your Account Manager. If you are unsure who that person is, please contact us at vCampus@osisoft.com and we'll be happy to assist.

Hope this helps!

Daniel Takara

In addition to Steve's clarification, there are also a couple of other possible situations where you might need to download PI Manual Logger (or any other OSIsoft PI product) and this is what you can do:

1. In case you are an employee of an organization that is a customer of OSIsoft and you need to download an OSisoft product to assist your organization's designated PI System Manager in the installation or upgrade or configuration of the product, you can ask the PI System Manager to request OSIsoft Technical Support to make all the products licensed to your company available for download to you as well from the OSIsoft Technical Support website.

2. In case you are not exactly an employee of an organization that is a customer of OSIsoft, but a system integrator working for an organization that is a customer of OSIsoft, you can also ask the designated PI System Manager of your customer to request OSIsoft Technical Support to make all the products licensed to your customer available for download to you as well from the OSIsoft Technical Support website. Note though that this is valid only if you are going to use the products exclusively in the benefit on that customer. In this case, you and the designated PI System Manager of your customer will be sent an e-mail with the contents below. You both just have to reply to the e-mail, stating "I agree".

OSIsoft Technical Support Authorization Request template

This e-mail is to confirm that <<consultant's name>> of <<consulting company's name>> will have access to the <<OSIsoft customer organization's name>> support records and will have the right to access downloads for the sites listed below through our technical support website on <<OSIsoft customer organization's name>>'s behalf under the current Software License and Services Agreement (the "SLA") in effect.

Customer Sites:

<<OSIsoft customer site's number>>

<<consulting company's name>> agrees that access to OSIsoft support services and use of the software will at all times be subject to the terms of the SLA and that such access shall be for the sole benefit of <<OSIsoft customer organization's name>>.

Please confirm agreement to this e-mail with a response stating “I agree”.

If you have questions or concerns about this authorization request, do not reply to this email. Questions can be directed to our Technical Support department at techsupport@osisoft.com

Absolutely. Wow, thanks Daniel!

krachtr

I work for a large IT consulting firm which could be classified as a PI integrator. I was asked to put together a simple management demo but found I don't have the OPC interface available I need to pull data from a demo OPC server. Based on the guidelines outlined above it sounds like I need to contact my OSISoft account manager to get access to the interface , is that correct?

thanks... Rusty

That is correct: I invite you to contact your Account Manager to talk about obtaining demo products or a company-wide development server for things like demo'ing, training, backfilling, testing, etc. (contact us at vCampus@osisoft.com if you are unsure who that person is). I also invite you to consider the agreement Daniel referred to above, in case you are doing work for a specific customer.

For the benefit of those who just started reading this thread, the vCampus PI Products Kit is meant to provide subscribers with a personal development PI System, and is limited to certain products (most of our products except PI Interfaces). That means that just like PI Manual Logger, the PI OPC Interface is not available for download on OSIsoft vCampus. The idea was to come up with a system that offers as much of what people need to develop on top of PI or integrate PI with other Line-of-Business (LOB) systems - and allow them to bring realistic data into it, from Production PI Servers (via the PItoPI Interface).

You can review the list of what's included and what's not in the online Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section at http://vCampus.osisoft.com/content/FAQ.aspx.

Steve, will the virtual labs (Coming in 2009 ) include servers with OPC interfaces to simulators?  So whilst we can't download the interfaces, we can play with configure them in the virtual labs?

krachtr

Thanks for clarifying this Steve because I did have a mis-conception of the purpose when I signed up for vCampus.  My company is definitely more interested in demo'ing for potential future clients and not for our existing customers.  I discussed several levels of partnership with my OSISoft account manager several weeks ago and nothing was ever mentioned regarding this. We specifically spoke about a Universal Partnership and apparently even this does not cover our specific needs... so it is very appropriate that I talk to him again.  Thanks again for making this perfectly clear to new members like myself.

Rusty