1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 14, 2009 11:52 PM by spilon

Configuring Modbus tags to display correctly in PI

GregDumas
      I am working with a tag that stores a value in the range of 0-1000, and uses bit 15 as sign bit. The format that need the data in is from -1 to 1. For positive values this is easy, as I can just set SquareRoot = 3 and Conversion = 1000 to get my value between 0 and 1. However, when the value is negative (bit 15 is 1), the value is stored as a large negative value. Is there an easy way within PI to convert this to a value between -1 and 0? I was thinking that I might need to use bit masking but I'm not coming up with anything viable.... Thanks in advance for any ideas here.
        • Re: Configuring Modbus tags to display correctly in PI

Well, I'm afraid we're going to have to redirect you to our Technical Support team (TechSupport@osisoft.com - +1-510-297-5828) - they are by far the best source of information for this kind of questions .

The idea is that "end-user" or "configuration" type questions should still be directed to our regular Technical Support crew (which is awesome, by the way!), whereas the vCampus forums and its other resources, are trying to focus on the programming and integration areas. Good luck with this one, and looking forward to answering your programming/integration questions here!