3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2009 4:56 PM by spilon

FORTRAN Integration with PI Server and Others

Mohammad

Hello Friends

I would like to ask how I can integrate FORTRAN with PI System. I have seen an integration of MATLAB but wondering how I can do the same with FORTRAN under the windows platform.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Thanks

Mohammad

• Re: FORTRAN Integration with PI Server and Others
          hanyong

Hi Mohammad,

I have not done similar work before, what I can share is really what I've heard from others. Traditionally, FORTRAN can be linked up with PI server through PI-API functions.

If you are using .NET, then perhaps an alternative is to link up FORTRAN with .NET, and couple with PISDK/AFSDK for PI data and functionality. There are a some post online about this, as well as companies that writes FORTRAN compliers that does this.

You can refer to this post by Narayana Rao Suranpaneni, who wrote a simple example that illustrates this. And you can come to here for a complier by Lahey and Fujitsu that does this.

Perhaps people that have done work with PI and FORTRAN would have more insights to share.

Mohammad

Thanks Yong

I went through the links you mentioned and it is interesting.

I have another question. Let assume I have installed the interface application for connecting Fortran to .NET and I have ready my application to be tied to PI.

Could you please tell me the procedure for conecting the code to PI using PI SDK and PI AF.?

Which namespaces and methods should be used to create tags and events in PI system?

Regards

Mohammad

Mohammad

Could you please tell me the procedure for conecting the code to PI using PI SDK and PI AF.? Which namespaces and methods should be used to create tags and events in PI system?

I invite you to watch the "PI Programming 101" webinar, which we held to answer these questions specifically. I suspect it will help you get started with PI SDK and AF SDK programming. You can access the recording of the webinar here, along with a PDF version of the presentation and the source code used during the webinar. You can look for other webinar recordings under the vCampus Auditorium.

If you still need assistance after watching this webinar and going through the sample code, we will be more than happy to help in the PI SDK Development forum or in the AF SDK Development forum, as appropriate.

Happy coding!