2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2009 9:08 PM by mweiss

Spell Checker and Font Size

cjrancur

Is there any way to use a spell checker in these forums?  I've embarrassed myself by writing things like "a non-existent file in a non-existant directory", even after I looked up "existent" on merriam webster.  It should have an e in the last syllable. I try to avoid speelng mstakes. Is there a way to check spelling?  Guess I could write in a word processor, and then paste into the posts.

But, when I paste things in from elsewhere, the font size changes.  I don't see a way to fix that, so my posts are sometimes hard to read due to varying font sizes. When I right-click, I don't see a format menu item.  Suggestions?

• Re: Spell Checker and Font Size

Carrie Rancuret

Is there any way to use a spell checker in these forums?

The right-most tool of the toolbar you see when you write a post should be a check mark with the letters "ABC". This is spell checker functionality provided through a product named ieSpell (an Internet Explorer add-on that needs to be installed at first usage).

Carrie Rancuret

But, when I paste things in from elsewhere, the font size changes

The discussion forums "try" to keep as much of the source formatting as possible - but don't always do it in the smartest way... Behind the scene it's all HTML code and sometimes it interprets and adapts it not exactly like one would like. Two ways around this are to use the "Paste from Word" option (third tool from the right) which handles formatting slightly differently, and the HTML tool to view/edit the HTML code directly, if you'd like.

Or, even easier, myself and the rest of the vCampus team take care of re-formatting posts when need be

• Re: Spell Checker and Font Size
            mweiss

I know we recommend IE, but Firefox has built-in spell checking on most web forms (including the vCampus discussions).