3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 19, 2009 4:51 PM by spilon

Happy Anniversary vCampus!

mmiller

As we mark our first year anniversary, I thought it would be a good time to reflect and update members on our community's progress. There is a lot that has been accomplished this year, and a lot more to do.

First and foremost I want to thank the members for helping make the first year of our community successful. Like any community the more participating members there are, the better the community is. With over 600 members, close to 2500 posts and dozens of active blogs we are on the right track.

The OSIsoft vCampus program was created to address important needs, among which is to provide the better guidance for developers and integrators, as more and more people are creating applications for PI. Too many partners and customers were learning the "hard way" about developing against the PI System, especially with our new products. Technical Support provided answers to specific questions and assisted with help from developers. But this did not scale well and was very inefficient. We decided to restructure our personal development PI Server product as a service and include guidance from both OSIsoft and the community at large. We have always recognized that many of you have valuable experience and perspectives in areas we do not (i.e. we are focused on software infrastructure rather than applications). We carefully positioned OSIsoft vCampus in a way that complements regular Technical Support and other efforts, and launched our first subscriptions last November.

So here we are, a year later. With the help of a dedicated team and hundreds of members, we have populated this site with lots of resources. I sincerely hope you have found it valuable. But, as I said, there is still much to do. At the OSIsoft vCampus Live! event (December 1-2 in San Francisco) I would like to invite you to join us to talk about how we can make this community stronger, more vibrant and more valuable. We have invited you to a evening at the Thirsty Bear, a locally renowned tapas bar and brew pub. Additionally, our OSIsoft vCampus Team will all be available on Monday evening at the opening reception and throughout the rest of event – also don't miss the opportunity to test our products and connect with experts during the Hands-On Learning Labs on Thursday (December 3rd). If you’re not going to OSIsoft vCampus Live! this year, we still want your feedback. Take a minute to fill out a short survey and comment on this post.

Like any anniversary, we are grateful for our achievements and are looking forward to better things ahead.