4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 27, 2009 6:19 PM by spilon

AF Upgrade from 2.0 to 2.1

Eng-Kiat.E.K.Tan
      Hi, i have a question that the Osisoft techsupport are unable to answer my questions by yet. In AF2.0, i have a sql scrip where i pull data from a source and store the data as a table in AF2.0. However to my despair, the data does not refreshes itself. I tried to click on the refresh button and it did not work. I contacted techsupport and the only useful answer they gave me was, you need to install AF2.1. Since i have little time, i would need some advice on how to upgrade. I sent 2 or 3mails to techsupport but they have not contacted me for half a day now. I saw that there are AF server 2.1 and AF Client 2.1 install kits on thedownload site What does it mean ? If i upgrade, i have to download both to install ? or do i just have to install the server ? and also, i am using AF 2.0 now. There are data and elements in there. Do i need to worry about losing all my data when i have upgrade ?? When i upgrade, do i need to remove AF2.0 ? Can you please advise ? Thanks.
        • Re: AF Upgrade from 2.0 to 2.1
          andreas

Hi,

here is a thread regarding the AF upgrade: Upgrading AF DB to 2.1. Basically, make a backup (best practice ), stop AF, upgrade.

Yes, you should download the client and the server and upgrade both.

Hope this helps,

Just to add to Andreas' answer, you should indeed download and run the install kit for AF 2.1 Server, wherever your AF 2.0 Server is installed. The AF 2.1, on the other hand, includes the PI System Explorer, the AF SDK and a few other utilities (e.g. AFImport, AFExport, RegPlugin). You should run it on the machine(s) where you want to make use of PI System Explorer as well as on the machine where you running custom AF SDK applications.

Hope this helps!

Eng-Kiat.E.K.Tan
                  Thanks Guys, sorry i know my post shouldn't even be here but this forum has a ver good reputation of being responsive :) Thank you all for the feedback. Now i will be planning to upgrade with confidence. More on why i want to upgrade: in AF 2.0, The tables i am pulling data to ( from my sources ), does not update itself at all. Refresh options did not help. I have to drop the original table, and re-create them using the exactly same query, which is not the way i want it to work ! anyway, i also have another question on AF which i will write a new post in.