2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2010 10:42 PM by RJKSolutions

Referenced Element Attributes GetValue

Questions as I dig deeper, maybe creeping away from the programming model that you really want feedback on...

When an AFElement is added as a referenced element for an event frame, is the programming onus on the developer to exchange the StartTime (optionally EndTime) of the EventFrame to an attributes GetValue method?  I am thinking in terms of AFCases and the PI Point DR where you can specify the Case Start/End time - will EventFrames Start/End time become part of that so we can get Attribute data whilst passing the event frame as the context?

By the way, not been this excited about an OSI release since AF itself!

• Re: Referenced Element Attributes GetValue
          ccoen

Actually, the deeper you dig the more you will find the things that will make Event Frames grow from its CTP status into a fully baked product. Now is a great time to influence our development. We're glad to see you are as excited as we are about the possibilities for Event Frames.

Maybe you can help me better understand your question. Does the AFCase object bring something to the table that the Event Frames objects are missing? Or are you seeing a deficiency in both objects? Maybe a small code snippet or some pseudo code describing the difference would help.

With the holidays upon us, the Event Frames team may be a little slow in getting back to you. Rest assured that if we can't get back to you right away, we'll definitely get back to you early in the New Year!.

• Re: Referenced Element Attributes GetValue

I started on an example of using Event Frames as a vehicle for performing Analysis on data.  You have an Event Frame template that houses an Analysis that can only have child Event Frames of a certain type - these represent Cases for the Analysis.  The parent Event Frame (Analysis) has no end date required and the start date is flexible (if we had definable Digital States for an Event Frame it would be perfect but using Attributes is fine for now).  Each "Case" Event Frame would have the Analysis performed against the Referenced Element(s) via a custom "Event Frame Runner" application.  For testing I just planned on having a Data Reference that acts as a Data Reference and Analysis Rule for the Element it belongs to - this should then be triggered to run the Analysis if an Event Frame is passed to it.

It started out as a bit of research in to Event Frames but I will finish the code (sometime!?!?) before I post it to show you what I mean.