3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2010 7:51 PM by spilon

PI System Manager I Directed Exercises

scott.vanallen

In the course they have you go to directed exercises (1.4.8 is the first one). Is there a place in vCampus to set up a virtual server so I can do the exercises. To do them on our servers would be doing the training on a live system and not a good idea.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

• Re: PI System Manager I Directed Exercises

Provided on the vCampus Download Center as part of your vCampus membership, is the vCampus PI Products Kit - a DVD image that contains all the setup kits you need to install your personal development PI System. Please make sure you read its release notes to familiarize with the products included in the DVD, as well as how to effectively use it (i.e. install all of it, subsets of it, or particular products).

Do not hesitate to post questions here if you have questions regarding the usage of that DVD - and feel free to contact our regular Technical Support for questions around generic installation and configuration of the products contained in the kit. Should you have questions on PI programming or the integration of PI with other systems, then post your questions on these very forums!

Hope this helps!

Asle Frantzen

Hi there Scott

I attended the learning labs sessions at the vCampus Live! event in SFO, and there we had access to the OSIsoft demo server environments. I spoke with eLearning manager Nick D'Orazio about what you're requesting here, and the answer I got was that they are working on a subscription based service where you can access the demo servers for period of time (based on your subscription's duration).

Currently there is no way to do this! Maybe Nick or someone from the vCampus team can provide further info on this?

The option I'd recommend for you now, is to set up a virtual pc on your own computer - where you can install the PI Server kit included with your vCampus subscription! You can find the available downloads here

Asle Frantzen @ Amitec

they are working on a subscription based service where you can access the demo servers for period of time (based on your subscription's duration)
                This is correct: the Training department is working on such an initiative (that's what we announce one the vCampus Training Center landing page).

We (the vCampus team) are not exactly involved with this initiative and therefore we are not aware of the timeline (the estimated date we shared on the vCampus Training Center is the date we get from them...). I suggest you send your questions regarding this initiative to training@osisoft.com.