5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 17, 2010 6:19 PM by spilon

Cool stuff / app sharing

flixmy

Having snooped around the vCampus a little bit I didn't run across anything like the shared applications from the old DevNet. I know the contents of the old DevNet can be found in the vCampus Library.

But I was wondering if it wouldn't make sense to keep on building on that and sharing cool stuff, applications, semi-developed solutions that everybody may benefit from. Or maybe it IS somewhere out here and then I have only missed it - hints welcome!

I know that some user groups used to massively share stuff, like the power generation or transmission guys - but believe that's still on a separate platform, if still existing at all (formerly the "SIG")?!

If others agree that that would be something nice to have,  I'd be interested in your input on how to structure something like this

- by industry (app's in Chemicals, Pulp & Paper, ...),

- by tool / PI components involved (app's for ProcessBook, DataLink, ACE, AF, ...),

- by function (app's for equipment condition monitoring, for production reporting, for alerting, for...).

What do you think?

• Re: Cool stuff / app sharing

Hello, I think this has been touched on in a couple of threads e.g. http://vcampus.osisoft.com/forums/t/582.aspx.
          Based on this, and the ideas thread from Moh, OSI were talking internally about some collaborative vCampus projects.  Let's see if they have an update for us?

If you have some cool PISDK/AFSDK code, or ProcessBook add-ins etc you want to share you can post in the appropriate forum section and get vCampus folks to "sticky it" as a start.

mmiller

The vCampus Team is working on a collarborative projects component to vCampus.  We are working through the last of the updates to the terms of use to support it and hope to have something to annouce shortly.  The feature will be enhanced when we update the vCampus Server to the latest version.  Can we assume you are interested in comtributing to to a community project as well?

flixmy

"update to the latest version" - sounds always like "in a land far, far away".

Yes, I'd be interested in contributing.

mmiller

You're right, I guess it does .  I didn't really mean for it to sound that way.  We will have a short term solution soon, and a better solution "in a land far, far away".  Hopefully not so far way.  I wanted to set your expectations and try to exceed them.  Happy to hear you are interested in contributing, Steve is working on getting this incorporated so we can talk about the process and limitations as we start to use the new feature.  More info to come from the neighboring village.

Matthew R Miller

We will have a short term solution soon, and a better solution "in a land far, far away".  Hopefully not so far way
                        As Matt promised back then, we now have a way to host Community Projects, where people can share what they did and collaborate on various small or big projects - see the announcement here and do not hesitate to contact us if you want to post/share something!