formerpigeek

Implementing an ACE Module written in C#

Discussion created by formerpigeek on Jan 28, 2010
Latest reply on Mar 25, 2010 by spilon

First I'd like to thank you for the white paper on creating PI-ACE calculations in C#.  The creation part seems to work pretty well.  However, when I try to implement the newly created calc I run into problems.  This particular calculation takes no input tags.  It gets it's input from the PI MessageLog and updates a digital tag based on events in the log.

When I run Debug through the ACE Wizard I get a null value when instantiating the output tag.  This may be normal as it's an output, not input tag.

When I run Test through the ACE Wizard I get a Null value as the output.  This may not be a problem as there are not normally events in the log for the duration that I run the test for.  However, there is a value in the tag.

After copying the .dll file to the PI-ACE server (also the PI Server) I register the calc and attempt to run it.  I get the following error:

0 PIACEClassLibraryHost.exe 28/01/2010 18:22:18
LoadAssembly(C:\PIPC\ACE\ClassLibraries\BackupMonitor.dll): The format of the file 'BackupMonitor_aceshadowcopy.dll' is invalid. (PID: 6708)

The Assembly location is correct on the server.  I also copied over the OSIsoft.PISDK libraries to be sure I wasn't missing anything.

Any suggestions why the format isn't correct?

Outcomes