2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2010 3:55 PM by spilon

A general purpose timesetter tool for PI trends

cjrancur

Steve Pilon provided useful sample code for a method to set all PITrend objects within all displays of a given ProcessBook workbook, so that all trends use the same start and end time.  Here's a link to the earlier post:

http://vCampus.osisoft.com/forums/p/816/3730.aspx#3730

I'd like to see if this idea can be expanded.  Consider a shared drive or directory that contains many ProcBook workbooks and also many single PB displays. 

What if you could add a TextBox for selecting the name of a given *.pdi or *.piw file to the TimeSetter display, and use the runtime version, not the build version, of the timesetter function? Without saving the changes to the displays as Steve's earlier code suggested, could you make selected files (either PB workbooks, *.piw, or PB displays, *.pdi) on the share be shown but not saved with selected time ranges?

If both a standalone TimeSetter display (e.g. TimeSetter.pdi)  and another selected *.pdi or *.piw file were opened in the same ProcBook client, could the TimeSetter display work to adjust the times of the other open PB workbook(s) or PB display(s)? 

• Re: A general purpose timesetter tool for PI trends
          andreas

Not knowing Steve's suggestion in detail, I would still say yes. Some years ago I wrote a little VB app that takes all PDI's in a specific folder, opens them, adjust the zoom and save all the PDI's to SVG - I guess you know why

Also, with PI ActiveView you get a PDI that opens an existing PIW, saves all displays as PDI and creates the necessary HTML files - again something you could use as a starter for your project.

• Re: A general purpose timesetter tool for PI trends

Andreas

with PI ActiveView you get a PDI that opens an existing PIW, saves all displays as PDI and creates the necessary HTML files - again something you could use as a starter for your project
              I actually did that some time ago: simply streamlined ActiveView's "PIW to PDI's" converter, such that it doesn't add those HTML files that make up a basic ActiveView website.

I attached it to this post - enjoy!