10 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2010 4:36 PM by andreas

New sub-forum suggestion

Asle Frantzen

I'd like to see a new forum here on vCampus - called "Users project showcase" or something similar.

There are a lot of (advanced) PI users here - and while not everyone can have a blog to share their results on - a new forum is an easy solution!

This could be a good way to show off the cool projects you've done, showing fancy screenshots, or intricate setup/code to make your ideas come to life. Whether it's an internal project or a customer case - it could be a great source for inspiration for the community!

• Re: New sub-forum suggestion
          MichaelvdV@Atos

I'm with you 100% percent!

Would this also include commercial available projects, or just 'nice stuff' to show off ?

Asle Frantzen

My idea is that we can show details from projects where the customer has approved the "publishing".

We have some customers who shows off everything we make, and we have customers where we'll have to sign non-disclosure agreements for the contents of the projects. So that means we CAN publish details from some cool projects, and we'll have to keep our mouth shut about some other cool projects :)

"Sharing is caring"?

I do think we have a completely different attitude towards openness in business projects in Europe, compared to the US. But let's take advantage of the value provided by those who choose to post, right? :)

andreas

I'm not so sure that a new forum would be the best place. We would end up with so many forums that it get's harder to keep track and post at the right place.

Why not instead use the generic forum or the PI System Integration Forum?

Asle Frantzen

Andreas

I'm not so sure that a new forum would be the best place. We would end up with so many forums that it get's harder to keep track and post at the right place.

Maybe a sub-forum in the Generic forum? If I were to post in the generic forum, I'd feel like I'd have to explain that this is a "show off" post, and that I don't require an answer to it. If it was given that in this sub-forum all threads would be showcases, I think it'd be easier to relate to.

MichaelvdV@Atos

Asle Frantzen @ Amitec

Andreas

Maybe a sub-forum in the Generic forum? If I were to post in the generic forum, I'd feel like I'd have to explain that this is a "show off" post, and that I don't require an answer to it. If it was given that in this sub-forum all threads would be showcases, I think it'd be easier to relate to.

I agree with Andreas that we should try to keep the number of subforums to a minimum, that being said: I do think this deserves a seperate subforum.

Maybe we can just start with a 'show off' thread in the general subforum, and depending on the number of replies and activity we can think of starting a subforum.

In light of Andreas' remark: I think the PI OLEDB/PI JDBC could be joined together? :)