2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2010 10:38 PM by spilon

Client tool compatibility with Windows 7

tvermeer

Hi Everyone,

I have gone through most of the manuals for the most recent versions of the most popular OSIsoft client tools such as Manual logger(2.3.0), Processbook(3.2), Datalink(4.1), AF Client(1.3 not 2.1), Sigmafine(4) etc.  The only manual that actually listed Windows 7 in the OS list was the Manual Logger manual.  Does anyone know of any issues with any of these client tools and Windows 7? Our actual PI System will be running on servers with Windows Server 2003 R2, but we are hoping to use Windows 7 on our client PC's.

Any information would be very helpful!

Thanks,

• Re: Client tool compatibility with Windows 7
          Asle Frantzen

Hello Terry

At Amitec everyone of us are now using Windows 7. Most of us use the 64 bit version, some are on the 32 bit.

Haven't really had any major issues, just make sure you install the correct versions of PI SDKs, PI OLEDB providers, etc.

Speaking for myself, I have the latest PI SDK, PI OLEDB Provider, ProcBook 3.2.0.0 and DataLink 4.1.1.0 installed. No problems!

• Re: Client tool compatibility with Windows 7

Terry Vermeer

The only manual that actually listed Windows 7 in the OS list was the Manual Logger manual
            The reason is, Manual Logger is the only product that released after Microsoft Windows 7 (for which general availability was 22-Oct-09): version 2.3.0.160 of PI Manual Logger released on 09-Nov-2009, whereas PI ProcessBook 3.2 was released on 16-Sep-2009 and PI DataLink 4.1.1.0, 14-May-2009. With that said, I run these on Windows 7 with no problem...

As for the AF Client v1.3 and Sigmafine, these were released quite some time ago - well before Windows 7 was available. These are not provided nor supported on vCampus and therefore I invite you to contact our regular Technical Support team.

Even for PI ProcessBook and PI DataLink, regular tech support is a better resource than vCampus (which focuses on the programming and integration aspects): they have tools to look up the database for occurences of problems with Windows 7.