4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 6, 2012 11:15 AM by MichaelSaucier

PI Data on PDA's

VCampus-METCO

Has anyone any experience of products or applications that will allow PI Data to be presented on a Blackberry / iphone.

It would also be possible I guess to use Notifications to periodically send out an updated image or formatted report, but that seems clunky.

I also know that Transpara has an offering and it would be possible to do a custom ASP.NET application to host data, but are there any other products to consider that would prevent the need for development?

• Re: PI Data on PDA's
          Asle Frantzen

One of our clients has implemented this - in cooperation with a company focusing on PDA solutions.

I'll ask them which company this is...

Asle Frantzen

Just checked with our customer - it seems this solution is partly customized for them, by the guys who delivered the PDAs they're using. There's no link directly to PI, so they're making a pit stop in SQL Server in order to get data to the PDAs. The company is called Consafe Logistics - check it out if you want to. But the majority of folks who need this function are using Transpara! So I guess that'd be your best bet!

VCampus-METCO

Asle,

Thanks. I had come to the same conclusion also. Use Transpara. Costs don't seem as bad as I had feared.

Simon

MichaelSaucier

Hi all - thanks for the plugs.  My bad for not spending more time on this site.  For those that are interested, Transpara's Visual KPI application has come a long way since the last post here in 2010.  We have a whole new user experience, support hundreds of new devices including iPhone, iPad, BlackBerry, Android, PC, Mac etc., and full geolocation/mapping of data, alerts, and more.  Let us know if you have questions or feedback - we are always looking to add more and the OSIsoft community is our largest group of customers.

Thanks again for the comments!