2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2010 5:12 PM by formerpigeek

Problem with PI digital tags

formerpigeek

One of our customers has a problem in some of their PI digital tags. The digital tags do not show the values from their configured digital set, but the values from the SYSTEM digital set. For example, their digital set defined in PI server as:

Digital set: Dset1
      State       State Name
      0             ERR
      1             ON
      2             OFF
      3             INS
      4             No State
      5             No State

Digital set: SYSTEM
      State       State Name
      0             ??????
      1             System1
      2             TransErr
      3             OffScan
      10            system10
      11            system11

If the current digital state for the tag is 1, the Current Values displayed in SMT for this tag is “System1”, not “ON”. The “System1” is also recorded in the archive. When this tag changes its digital state, the correct digital state will be displayed. Our PI interface is Uniint based interface. I run the interface through the debugger in Visual Studio 2005, the interface sets the digital state correctly and I could not reproduce this problem in our testing system.

Has anyone seen this problem before? Any suggestions to find out what causes this problem?

Thanks!

Tina

• Re: Problem with PI digital tags
          andreas

I would like to invite you to contact our Technical Support team instead (TechSupport@osisoft.com - +1-510-297-5828 ). The OSIsoft vCampus program and its various features are really meant for programming, development and integration topics. Just like Microsoft's MSDN. On the other hand, "end-user" and "PI administration" questions (e.g. installation, configuration, usage, etc.) are still best handled by our technical support team.

The only reason I can see for the above behavior would be that the digital state send to the PI server by the interface is not corecctly constructed from the digital state set and the digital state. However, if this is an OSIsoft interface only techsupport can handle this request.

• Re: Problem with PI digital tags
              formerpigeek

Thanks Andreas! I will ask the customer to call the Technical Support team again. They talked to the team before. The team suggested checking our code in the interface to see if something was wrong. I go though the debugger to make sure that our code sets the digital state correctly.

Thank you!

Tina